Job Details (Required):
Tracking Number: DSD 2015-326
Job Title: Community Development Practitioner Ref No. DSD 2015-326
Department: Social Development
Salary level: OSD
Reporting To: Mr M Mqikela at (021) 001 2145
Job Type: Permanent
Province: Western Cape
City: Eerste River, Community Development Services
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ a qualified individual to facilitate the identification, planning and implementation of integrated and transformative social development programmes in partnership with key stakeholders for the effective empowerment of human and social capital through a community development approach towards sustainable livelihood. This position is stationed in Eerste River SDA.
• An appropriate 3 year B-degree/ National Diploma.
Key Performance Areas:
• Identify and facilitate the implementation of integrated community development interventions in partnership with the community and other stakeholders;
• Liaise and co-ordinate with all relevant role players, internal and external stakeholder (e.g. in departments/provinces, NGOs , Local Community structures and faith-based organisations) to facilitate collaboration and to establish partnership to ensure the sustainability of development actions within the community;
• Support communities and perform administrative support ion community development and related activities;
• Keep up to date with new developments in the community development field to enhance service delivery.
• Knowledge of the following:
> Community development work, skills, attitudes and values of communities;
> Human behavior and social systems;
> Legislation to assist with intervention at the points where people interact with their environments in order to promote self-empowerment;
• Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape Province;
• Proven computer literacy;
• The ability and competence to co-ordinate community development structures and ability to manage projects;
• The ability to influence individuals and groups to participate in their own self-empowerment ventures;
• Presentation and facilitation skills.
R 165 903 – R 192 330 per annum, Grade 1;
R 202 233 – R 234 435 per annum Grade 2;
R 248 715 – R 332 742 per annum Grade 3: (OSD as prescribed).
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees' service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.